View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
GZ250

Re: idle speed thread.

the idle speed seems just the same as i have and i thick if you use tachometer you will find that it is still lower than recommended because when i first bought the bike the guy who handed over the bike to me and did a trial run adjusted the idle way up and told me to keep it to that position and bike made a lot of noise, i brought it backk to lower after sometime. Now again when i went for valve adjustment (the other dealership) they increased the idle speed. i dont understand why they do that - as you said better for GZs engine health or better for increased performance. but if idle is very low you will definitely have issues with accleration and pick up from a stop. so ideal idle is a critical point and may be different for each bike.