View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
Water Warrior 2

Re: Thinking about life after GZ..already..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz250
Almost pulled the trigger today on a 2009 sportster 883! with 14,000 miles, some how I got approved to finance it, it was $6000 but I was able to bring it down to $5500.I'm still under GZ so the monthly will be atleast $150/month which is doable but I just don't want to force it to work..the weird thing is I can get it with 0 down and my monthly will be only $112/month but I have to keep GZ which is not possible for me to make both payments..
Wise move not getting the 883. From the sounds of it you do not have the disposible income to just go out and buy a bike. Don't be bike poor just because you want it. The added cost of a H-D is huge compared to the GZ.
I was once car poor with a small fleet to support, maintain and insure. Yeah a personal fleet of stuff on wheels. That also included a couple dirt bikes and their transport trailer. Been there done that.
Buying a new ride may seem like a good idea(0%financing)at the time but what if you have a slight financial meltdown elsewhere and that new bike payment is going to hold back your recovery in a big way.
I'm all for new toys and such cause I was a younger go get em kinda guy once too. You only live once and all that stuff but just be sure you can survive your desires without being forced to live in a cardboard box. Or in a clapped out van for that matter.

Login or Register to Remove Ads