View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
mrlmd1

Re: Etiquette & Guidelines Open Discussion

OK, enough. Let Patrick do his thing. He's doing a good job and we don't want him recalled or kicked out of office (yet). (Kidding). Those of us on here who do participate, whether it's 10 or 20 of us, sometimes have slightly different opinions and advice, but like I said before, we can all learn from each other, most of the time, if we keep our minds open to what somebody else has to say. And we all have to realize that sometimes somebody else has more expertise in a certain matter than we do ourselves. When I was learning the craft of surgery, scrubbing with numerous older, more experienced, senior surgeons as tutors and instructors, I always took away something valuable from each of them, and then combined them all into my own style. My style, me, was the best of all of them, in my opinion. We are doing the same thing here. And Patrick is doing a good , thankless, job. All of us should be happy how this has been going, all of us should say thanks instead of being so critical.
Badbob participates in the GZ 250 forum on Yahoo (more than on here), Dupo and Jonathan no longer have GZ's so maybe their interest has waned, or maybe the forum has become less appealing to them to participate with their input/expertise and WE have to ask why. Don't blame Patrick for this, for setting and enforcing the rules. WE are the forum. It's up to us to keep it interesting, appealing, and honest.
Just my opinion.