View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
BusyWeb

Re: Load motorcycle into the Astro van

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Any reason you just can't slowly power it up into the van with a little throttle and clutch control while you walk up beside it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
That sounds to me like an accident waiting to happen.
Yes, before winch implementation, I actually hoped that slowly riding (walk up) up the motorcycle which is in idle mode might be good enough for loading.
I tried couple of different attempts, all felt very dangerous for me and failed all.
And another problem was that motorcycle tires are slippery(spinning itself) during the attempts when the bike is on high angle.
My guess was that my ramps are not well fitted with this dirt tires ??? not sure.
That's the one of the reasons that I started the winch project along with other reasons.

Some great help with an Auto Repair Shop Mechanic(where my van was fixed, and he is doing 4x4 truck adventure himself), the wheel chock location will be moved passenger side little bit, and the winch location would be changed with some winch wire rollers. And he gave me many other advices about it.
And he want and like to do some modification by himself ... what a great guy!! Lucky, I met him. ha ha ha
Today, he gave/help me an idea about two separated ramps which was attached with velcros.
He told me that buy some hinges >> he attached the two ramps with hinges for me... free ha ha ha
That was a great ide, and very convenient...
Hope better loading next time after these updates.

Anyway, thank for the comments ^^