Thread: Back to life!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
EddieSC

Ayyyy! So a month and some change has gone by since I brought my old 'Zuki home. Initially I had her set up in the driveway (why I bought a house without a garage I will never know) where I got her from doing absolutely NOTHING (no lights, no turn over) when you turned the key all the way to she'll start with some elbow grease and run for thirty seconds to a minute before choking out. Right direction but not quite the win I was hoping for...YET!

I've also been making small modifications while I've been going through it. Swapping over to a pod filter(and rejetting the carb), installing a 16t sprocket, a few cosmetic changes, stuff like that as I'm going along. I eventually broke down and moved it into my luthier workshop behind the house so I can tear the engine down without worrying about sudden weather changes. Now that I have a roof over it, I'm MUCH more comfortable stripping her to frame and going through her with a fine tooth comb. She's been sitting for almost a decade so that definitely isn't going to hurt anything. While I was going over her, I discovered one of the bolts for the long pipe on the exhaust was missing a head, so that's going to be a blast to get out of the motor!

That being said, any pointers on anything I should be keeping an eye out for? I have a rough list of the obvious things; valve placement, timing, obviously damaged parts. Anybody know of anything not totally obvious that might be hanging it up?

Appreciate the help, folks!