View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #117
bwader

Re: Rejected inspection: front turn signals

My internet has been out for a couple weeks and my phone isn't "smart" enough to post but I can read this page from it.

Anyway, That diode kit mention before from J&P cycles I couldn't get it to work.

But, even better news is I found out that in Virginia where I live and North Carolina where I am close to.....Motorcycles DO NOT NEED TURN SIGNALS! But if they are installed they must work! So I took the front and rear signals off with no lens for the turn signal indicator light too.

It passed! He told me I just need new front brake pads and not to forget.

I got home and put the turn signals back on and now I am not so frustrated and I rode to and from my work 2 days so far. About 40 miles roundtrip so 80 miles so far.

I haven't had any other problems just feel so much better being able to ride legally now. I did a max speed test on my local highway rode and got up to 66mph on GPS. Which is great for me I don't need speeding tickets and don't have much traffic to deal with on my route. Also I weigh 240 pounds.

This GZ is sooo much better than that 150cc china scooter I had and top speed was 55-58mph gps. I had 65mpg on a 1.6 gallon tank. Now I have a 2.9 gallons before reserve and I had to fill up every 2 days or 90 miles on that scooter.
I'm anxious to ride a few more trips to/from work to see what my gas mileage will be. I have about 5 miles of 55mph road then the rest 15miles on a trip is 45mph or less.
On my Sentra I get 32-36mpg and have maintained 40mpg hypermiling for a whole week.
When I get some more time I need to try that diode kit again, but I got my front disc brakes on my car and GZ to do first.