View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #38
clofan

Here I am, 7 months and 1456.9 miles later, back in the belly of the beast:

[img]i.imgur.com/xWiYqMe.jpg[/img]

Same problem as when I got it, bolt from rotor sheared off and knocked off my makeshift oil passageway, jamming the whole thing up. I took her apart and replaced my bolts, this time with Red thread locker. Rebuilt my oil passageway as before and cleaned up all the metal shavings with rags and compressed air.

[img]i.imgur.com/MJY1k17.jpg[/img]

This is where that oil passageway goes:

[IMG]i.imgur.com/sN9nZzQ.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like it feeds oil into the clutch area? I could tell by the air that it went from the area close to the main shaft, up the passage, then into the above pictured chamber.

So. After letting the weld and thread locker cure, I started it up. It seemed to idle fine. I rode it up and down the street, all seemed normal and it operated fine. I pulled back into my carport, and let it rest. While I was cleaning up my tools, I noticed 6 little ball bearings that are 0.5cm in diameter. They were scattered about the floor, so there may be more than 6 in whatever they came out of. My question, do these bearings go anywhere in this side of the engine? I didn't encounter them last time I was in here, but I'm not sure what else they would have come out of. Perhaps the compressed air blew them out from somewhere in the engine?

I've been working on my lawn tractor and Honda CL350 in the same space, but I don't think they came from those either.

[img]i.imgur.com/IgX7xPt.jpg[/img]

Edit: BEARING SOURCE FOUND! Crappy craftsman stool that was falling apart

Last edited by clofan; 05-06-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Fixing [IMG] tags