View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
lowbeam

Ahh thank you for the response. You seem to have had the same problem I am having now. It did not occur to me there could be a leak through the petcock vacuum line but yesterday I clamped the line with some vice grips and it was running much better.

I took the petcock apart, changed the o ring and the rest of the gaskets looked okay but put it back together and it is still leaky. I took the face apart put it back together and its harder to turn after putting it back together. Not sure what happened but I ordered a petcock for an lt80 after some research on the forum rather than a rebuild kit or a new original unit because it was cheaper and on amazon so I should get it sooner. Hopefully it works well.

Also I adjusted the valves to spec but without the choke I could not get the bike to start before the battery died. Sounds like there is good compression and coughed a couple of times but would not fire up. It is unusually cold here in Tampa so I will try again tomorrow. I am looking into getting a new choke because the one I have is split. I might go for a choke button that pulls and stays open on the carb. Anyone know what I am talking about or where I can find one for the carb on the GZ? or where to find an original replacement?

Login or Register to Remove Ads