View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
lowbeam

Thanks again the new choke cable is on its way here now. I am still on the lookout for a plunger style choke to clean up the bars a little bit so if anyone knows where to get one let me know!

The new LT80/KFX80 petcock came in today, both the vacuum and fuel lines are smaller diameter than the original petcock so I put a hose clamp on the fuel line and ran a new vacuum line to it. The new petcock nipple is the same diameter as the one on the carb unlike the original where the line flares out. It is not leaking and seems to be getting plenty fuel. The lever will hit the tank so I trimmed it down to clear it. Could have probably just given the tank some massaging with a hammer.

It fired right up today first try without a jump. It is about 80 degrees here now as opposed to the 50 degrees it has been the last few days. Still seemed like it had a vacuum leak albeit it was running much better. The crankcase vent to the airbox seemed loose and was missing a clamp so I shut the bike off and tightened it with a regular hose clamp. After that I cranked the bike over for a couple minutes and it wouldn't fire up and stay running. There was some smoke coming from the front of the engine but it could just be residual or the exhaust could be leaking, I don't see gaskets between the pipes and the head but I cant tell if its leaking there from sound because the bike doesn't have a muffler so it is loud as is. Checked compression while it was warm and had 150+ psi so I will wait until the choke comes in and see if that helps.

Also looking for a new battery as I think mine is completely dead now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads