View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #42
Sarris

Re: 6 speeds is it at all possibile to mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
The GZ is truly third world transportation. With a GVWR of 775 lbs less maybe 325 lbs of bike including fluids, means that your GZ can carry 450 lbs of driver & passenger. Include the Asian sub-continent low compression head that will run 60 octane gas, saki, dog shit, etc. and this bike will take the entire family to market. Papa-san, mama-san, junior-san, & baby-san. All on one GZ. So will it carry you?? Well, it carries my 6'-1" 300 lb ass on a 50 + mile round trip commute daily at 55 to 65 mph at 65 to 70 mpg. And with a 30" inseam, I'm not cramped. The GZ is easily the most reliable bike I own. No problems, just maintain on schedule. No muss, no fuss.
Quote:
87. Eighty Seven Octane Regular.

All US spec GZ's run on USA 87 Octane Regular. Page 2-2, paragraph #1 of my newly purchased owners manual says "Your new vehicle requires regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 87 ((R+M)/2 method).........."

The formula in the US is the (Research Octane Number + Motor Octane Number) /2. Both are different measurement methods for the same octane percentage with one of the two (don't remember which) is significantly higher than the other. The EU, the UK, & SE Asia have different measurement standards as well. It should be standardized, for sure.

The owners manual on site is very old and has incorrect octane info. My new manual is a US spec.replacement from Ron Ayers. Suzuki Genuine Parts #99011-13F59-03A
Quote:
Take a look at this site for a bunch of info on octane rating for gasoline. This is probably more than anyone wants to know. Interesting stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
From my previous posts. (PS: I no longer do 50 mile commutes.)

:2tup: