View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
PG tips

Re: How-to : Valve Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl
I'm in the process of trying to adjust the valves unfortunately getting that cover off on the lower left of the housing is proving to be a real pain... My question is this: where in the pictures are you using this valve adjuster tool (09917-14920) tool?

Is this the same thing someone made with a cork a screw??? How is it used?

chandlerbingfl

My question is, what is the adjuster tool? ie its shape
I assume thats a long reach socket or a long socket for a [strike:35my34yo]hex nut[/strike:35my34yo] (I looked again, it looks like a square end (internally shaped square on the tool) on a short screwdriver handle). Presumably a short handle to allow the job to be done with the tank in place?
If the tool isn't that maybe someone could provide some illumination or better still a close up picture of the valve adjuster tool?

edit (when I looked again) to "chandlerbingfl" in the last picture provided, when you do the measurement with the gauges, the tool looks like it goes over the square piece sticking out above the locking nut. So if the measurement is out of spec, I'd imagine with the ring spanner (8mm) in place holding the adjuster tool in place, loosen the locknut, measure with the feeler gauges, then adjust the square end with the tool if necessary, and then tighten the locknut again (and then measure again to confirm ).

If i'm wrong feel free to correct me.

I'm not sure where I can get one locally?, or what size is it square? (instead of me having to open it all up to check) I'll look online and check the part number and see if there is a place local that does them and if they are readily available online.
While I'm sure something could be bodged to work, I prefer not bodging stuff, right tool for the right job and all that.

And so I dont seem lazy, a quick google throws up a few answers, here included.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5959

Login or Register to Remove Ads