View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Re: How-to : Valve Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl
Thanks for the reply.... I clicked on the link you provided and my question is what is the screw in the cork for? The pictures in this thread do not show any special tools required other than valve adjuster tool (09917-14920) which is what I am assuming the screw in the cork is for. Unfortunately the pics in this thread do not show it being used.

I also found this page http://i2kdave.wordpress.com/2009/07/23 ... djustment/ which shows a real valve adjuster tool but it isn't used in the pictures as well.....

I did finally get the Generator cover off.....my only concern is this valve adjuster tool......that I don't know what its for and the pictures of how to adjust the valves do not show...

Thanks again,
chandlerbingfl
The last pic shows the end of the rocker arm. There is a lock nut with a small square just above it. Loosen the lock nut to allow the small square to rotate. It is the adjuster for the valve clearance. It is a threaded item that goes through the end of the rocker arm and makes contact with the top of the valve stem. The arrow points to the point where you make the measurement with the feeler gauge.
The cork and screw is just a Robertson head screw screwed into a cork(for grip). The head of the screw will fit the square adjuster so it can be turned. I think it will need to be a head to fit a # 2 Robertson screw driver. Some one will correct me if I am wrong.