View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
mr. softie

New bike for mr. softie

I just bought a 1983 Honda GL650 Silverwing Interstate today and will pick it up tomorrow morning. I took a little 180 mile ride this morning (@33 degrees F!) to go see it over near Lancaster, PA. Took the Silverwing out for about an hour and it runs nice. Easy cruising... 65mph@5000rpm and 50-55 mpg. Good roll on in 5th to about 95mph (that's where I backed off). Very nice wind protection even at 75-85mph cruise. Perfect for riding to distant points. It reminds me of the Moto Guzzi 850T I used to own. The Honda "twisted twin" motors are known for their reliability with 200,000 miles between overhauls not unheard of. It has new Dunlops, new stainless brake lines, cam chain, fork seals, rear shock bushings, and water pump seals done. Even a full shop manual and original tool kit. A machinist/maintainance mechanic owned it for last 18 years, he was second owner.

Here's some pics from the ad...

Login or Register to Remove Ads