View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
music man

Re: I bought my first bike today

Quote:
Originally Posted by swistech
Is the carb rebuilt and nice and clean ready to install? Maybe I should buy a brand new onw with no problems...Where can I get a good one for a good price. Maybe one that has been bored out for better performance...

A brand new one will cost you more than you want to mess with I promise you, and the carb I have came off a perfect running bike, the only reason I took it off is I had bought one off of here on the cheap just to have to take apart and learn the inner workings of the GZ carb without tearing into mine, and I had done the needle shim and all that to the one I bought, so I slapped it on my bike, and just never took it back off, so actually the one I have is off of my bike.

So when I took it off my bike it worked perfectly, now what that means as far as right this second is anyone's guess, but I thought I would offer anyways.

And the other members are right, not only do you not "bore out" a carb, without modding the engine, air filter, etc..... a "higher performance" carb is just going to dump more fuel where it is not needed.

There is really nothing you can do to the GZ to get any REAL power gains, you can change the sprocket and do a needle shim, but all that stuff does is change the rideability of it, NOT give you any significant change in power.

Login or Register to Remove Ads