View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #16
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: led kit and visability at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning

i saw that video of your bike and the led kit.. that's a pretty rockin kit im pretty sure saw those for sale on ebay, can you also make those stay one solid color.
What i have is NOT sold on ebay. DO NOT buy LED kits from ebay!!! They are junk. Plain and simple. All you get is single LEDs on 8" leads, control box and some wire connectors. Total garbage and a wiring night mare!!!

If you REALLY want good LEDs ... contact me via PM or email me and i will show you where to go to get what i have. You can get any amount of lights you want in many different lengths.

What they are ... are flexible LED strips. Totally encased in clear plastic with 4' leads with connectors already built in, control box with soldered connectors for simple click n play, wire ties, 3m double stick tape ... its one of the BEST and cheapest kits i can find. They are comaprible to the flex lights sold on Custom Dynamics website http://www.customdynamics.com/stingerz_ ... lights.htm The guy that i deal with, makes them custom and is MUCH cheaper than custom dynamics prices .. big time.

The dude is from the shadow forum i frequent and makes these custom for whatever your needs are. For what you want, it would prob cost you about $10 per 2.5" light strip, $15 per 4.7" strip and up depending on the lengths. Im sure you could get away with spending only $60 or less and do what you described above and have some kick ass flexible, weather durable, bright leds

I just finished off the shadow tonight (did the wheel wells) with that guys kit ... and man it looks amazing. I'll post video this week ...

Oh and yes, you can stop it at any color you wish. He also sells solid colors too.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook