View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Shammua

Stock Exhaust Lowering

Well this isn't going to be something huge and difficult but still a nice to know if anyone else wants to do it.

All in all what I did was simply get some basic parts from Tractor Supply and was able to lower my stock exhaust 1 1/2 inches. I have done this in preparation for the Hard saddle bags and trunk I have ordered and will be getting next week. I also plan on doing photos of the install of those too.

Down to business.
1. Stock Exhaust

2. Parts I used from Tractor Supply
*All grade 8
*3/8" x 1.5"
*brackets are cross pieces used for U bolts
*2 lock washers, 2 washers, nut
*9/16" wrench

3. Install completed (pretty simple)
I just put two of the cross pieces together for more sturdiness, on top I ran the stock bolt through and put back on bike, the bottom bolt I have into the exhaust bracket.

4. It wasn't easy to get the exhaust pushed down to where I wanted it, I didn't loosen anything, I just pushed "REALLY HARD" until it was lined up with the lower bolt and then put the nut on and tightened it.

To what I see it appears to be about 1 1/2" lower than before. For me I feel that is a LOT.

Currently my only issue is the stock bolt is now pushing against the side of the exhaust

I hope this doesn't cause any problems, but I can see it happening so I am going to see if I can figure something out to space it out some here.

Hope this is beneficial to others, this is all I am really doing to prep my bike for the saddle bags and trunk I ordered. However I do plan on doing a write up on them as well, even if it turns out they wont work on the bike. I will still do a write up for future reference.

Login or Register to Remove Ads