View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Replies to or quoted

There's no feasible way to do this. The "Quote" tag is a BBCode tag that simply adds a text line into someone's message. It doesn't put any identifier in the database to distinguish it from just another plain text post in the topic. Sorry.

For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A moist tart
I know that, or I guess that, there is no way to know that a poster has directed his message at you specifically, but is there a way to add a "View new posts" type button that will show threads where you have been quoted, but have not replied?

A number of times I've been away for a day or so, and someone has left a post directed at me that has aged past the "new post" cutoff. At that point, I've pretty much missed it, never responded, and, well, it kind of looks like I'm intentionally ignoring them, which is possible, but not usually the case.