View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
Easy Rider

Re: joel procrastinated about 4 months, then posted his bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeladams20
is it the original suzuki pads that do it? Does anyone know if I buy replacement pads is there a particular brand that is less likely to create the squeal?

I am much happier with this purchase than the spitfire windshield. It is WAY TO SMALL and blows the wind right at my face.
Brake pads: Yes, the OEM ones. IIRC, my second set didn't do that nearly as much.
I assume the dealer used Suzuki "standard" replacements but I don't know that for sure.

Windshield: At the risk of suggesting something you have tried already............
Move the whole shield up higher and stand it up straighter.

[edit] Just looked at your picture and you can't move the shield UP any more probably but it can (and should) be quite a bit more vertical to get max. benefit. To prevent instability at speed, you need a slight rake at the top......but just an inch or two. Looks like you are maybe 8-10 inches off vertical now.

BUT.....over a lot of years and a LOT of different shields,I found that the only ones I am really happy with are the biggest ones I can find......tall and wide. That did present a slight problem with the GZ though as it caused more wind drag and not less.