View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
alanmcorcoran

Re: Plexistar II Windshield (aka Moe's windshield)

I don't want to give the wrong impression here: I think the Plexistar II is a good choice for this bike and will probably meet the expectations of most windshield buyers. I think whatever complaints I've had about it would probably apply to any windshield. Overall I think this one stikes a good balance between size, cost, ease of installation and general features.

Moe and I were simply clarifying that, the idea you could pop it off, (which you CAN do very easily) and then pop it back on in the exact position as before, is not realistic. As Moe can probably testify to, there is a great deal of both gross and fine effing that can be done. You would retain the gross effing, but not the fine tuning.

FYI, I have noticed that my first adjustment resulted in the windshield being an inch or so lower than it was originally (although it has a better "rake" and is more centered and fit to the bike contours.) So I'm getting a little more turbulence in the forehead and ear areas. I may take Easy's advice and shift the whole thing up, alignment with the clutch and brake handles be damned.

Login or Register to Remove Ads