View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
longumd

Re: Start Up Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz Rider
I feel that this person has a problem other than the battery. His battery was sufficient to crank for 5 seconds several times and he still had a problem starting the bike.

The battery may infact need replacement as evidenced by his need to charge it every two weeks (although this could be from not riding enough) and the age of the bike but he clearly has another problem.
Thanks. I felt battery might not be the only problem also. I measured the voltage this morning, it is 12.3 V? So, 12.8 V yesterday morning, then 6-7 times tried to start, left 12.3 V this morning. I will definitely take the battery to a local shop and test it. It was made in 09/2009, if it is truly bad, I will replace it.

I'm planning to do a 6000 mile maintenance recently. Since I've changed the spark plug and cleaned the air filter. All left on the manual are oil change, oil filter change, fuel hose replacement, brake hose and brake oil replacement. Other than these, I'm not sure what should I check or replace for the my start up problem.