View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Heh heh. Yup, a bundle of wires can be frightening. I started out knowing nearly nothing but a little help made things go smoothly. Adding relays for extra equipment was beyond me for a long time. It takes time, sometimes lots of time to do something correctly and professional looking but it is worth the effort. I had a lot of fun and a sense of accomplishment when working on Lynda's M-50. She wanted heated grips, an air horn, driving lights, power point and an outlet for heated gear. Mission accomplished. I made a separate auxilary fuse panel with relays for each item. Everything was under one side panel mounted on a piece of plexiglass(nonconductive)for safety. None of the bikes OEM circuits were touched or modified. That way there would be less hassle if anything added went south and wouldn't affect the original wiring. One heavy positive wire from the battery to the auxilary panel and one heavy common ground wire going back to the battery. Using different colored wires made things that much nicer in the long run.