View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
SuziQ07

My 2007 GZ and new textile jacket

First I want to say that this site has been completely invaluable...from people's advice and suggestions to the owner's/service manual that you can download (I put all the pages in a binder with tabs). I decided to go with a textile jacket over leather for my first jacket and I'm extremely happy with the decision. Before joining this site I didn't even know what a textile jacket with armor even was! In the past I have been a spectator at a Bikers for Babies rally where I saw thousands of bikers (mostly Harley) and it was a compete sea of black leather jackets everywhere!!
I purchased the Joe Rocket Women's Luna 2.0 jacket off http://www.newenough.com for $40 less than a local motorcycle store's price. I'm usually one to purchase from a brick and mortar store and support local business, but the price difference was too much, plus the store had to order the color (pink) that I wanted as well. I submitted a review with picture to newenough.com and they emailed me a $10 gift certificate toward a future purchase...not bad!
I'm pictured here with my Dad...he's been teaching everything I know about riding (along with this site and some youtube videos). According to NY State law he has to stay within a 1/4 mile of me and I can ride with my permit. I'm signed up to take the MSF class in early July...can wait! The GZ is a wonderful and very forgiving bike...I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with her! :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads