Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plavanchy View Post
Check out the new 2017 Kawasaki versus 300-just about right
The Versys 300 looks to be a nice bike. Sort of a smallish adventure bike with the proper sit up and beg position. There is also a BMW G310GS coming on the market soon. The manufacturers are finally getting the right idea. Give the folks a good smaller caliber bike that is capable but not overwhelming to a new rider or an older rider who just want to ride without straddling a monster. The number of new smaller bikes is really good. And the availability will get better once people realize there is a size and power for each of us.

Bigger is not always better, it is what fits you, your riding desires, needs and of course how many $ you are willing to pay. My present Honda CTX700 weighs in at 500 lbs. I fully expect my next bike to be lighter, more agile and more expensive overall at purchase time but not as costly to make it mine with expensive seats and add-ons to drain my slush fund.

Why did I buy the Honda you might ask. Why not, never had a Honda before and it was a great price with a good following of CTX700 forum members who really like the bike.