View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
oneyunguy

Okay, great advice. The can pretty much called for alot, Im talking 1/3 to half the can. Anyhow the website was alot more informative, I worked it out to this formula... For the OIL: 1.5 oz per quart, GAS: 1 oz per gallon. So that's what I did. In fact I used less than that.

When I drained the oil it looked good. This person changed the oil and filter right before it got parked. I wasn't too worried about it after I looked at it, but put the new in anyways.

After draining the gas(from the tank, not the carb), swishing a small amount of seafoam around, then putting a few liters of gas in, the oil was replaced with a small amount of seafoam, and a new filter(of course).

Meanwhile a small amount of wd-40 was sprayed through the spark plug hole (this after talking to a 30 year veteran mechanic), and put it in nuetral and cranked it around a few times while carefully listening for anything abnormal! BTW- I will not use WD40 for the cylinder again, maybe just a light oil.

After that was complete, everything was replaced, and checked once more. Phew, nothing abnormal so far except a tiny amount of what could be rust inside the tank.

Battery goes in, choke goes on full and voila, after 2 tries on the starter, 3rd time lucky. Let er run for awhile and smelled the exhaust, (you can tell some things by doing this). Nothing abnormal, except some smokey exhaust (it was very moist and cool and raining..kinda expected that), not too mention the additive.

All is well. Next will be to drain the oil once more and replace with new again.

All in all not too bad results, Thanks for all the good advice!

i did notice fogging oil but didnt get any

Login or Register to Remove Ads