View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
RCC

The Phantom Cruiser

"Phantom Cruiser"? Lol honestly I don't know if there really is such a thing, but it works in various ways. I'm making this bike for my wife, not to say that I won't ride it. Its a currently blue 2006 K5, made in Spain. I got it at 35,900 Km. The only thing's I've done is add saddle bag, change the oil and draw the finished product on a napkin.

First thing I'll be doing is adding a bit of go - K+N high flow air filter, megaphone muffler, rejet the carb, exhaust wrap cover the rusty looking headers. Maybe 16 tooth front sprocket. We ride 2 up and sometimes on highways. I'd like a 130 km/h top speed and a couple of extra ponies, nothing crazy but at the moment Its maxing out at about 115 km/h and the motorway is safest when going 110 km/h. I'm starting this next weekend.

Most of the treatment is going to be in the show department. P3 Phantom Purple (Ford Falcon BA-BF) Paint with phantom pin striping or air brushing. Chrome will be going black plasti-dip. Its rusty and is quite far gone, plus its an extra layer to the whole phantom cruiser thing going on, going very minimalist on the chrome.

Custom rear fender maybe from a VL250 or I find another GZ front guard and plastic weld it to the current rear one. I like how the front one flares out a bit at the bottom and I'd like to have something like that on the back. The guard and paint are probably the last things I'll be doing.

The FZR is my bike. I did up 2 and half years ago as you can see its a tidy running bike and I'm not just all talk. It has custom fairings and an Aprilia RS250 tail and I have an 2008 R1 headlight fairing I plan to put on too once I figure how to mount it all up. I painted it Snowflake pearl with Celestial and Winning Blue, Mazda colors in single pack lacquer.

Anyway that's all I'll say about that as this thread is dedicated to the GZ. Which is a far less ambitious build and having already done up one bike I can say that this is going to be great fun and I'll enjoy it as much as I did with my one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads