Thread: Suuki GW250
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #15
burkbuilds

Hey WW, I'm fine but I had to sell the bike about 10 months ago to help come up with a downpayment on a house. I'm searching the adds now looking for another Vulcan 500. I've still got all my custom stuff for the one I wrecked in 2012. I guess sometimes we all just find a bike that "fits" us and so far the 500 has been the right fit for me so I think I'll go back to it. Since returning to riding I've had the GZ250, Vulcan 500, 750, and 900. I made the 900 into a trike and then put it back on two wheels after riding a bit on three. Of those bikes the 500 had the most get up and go, top speed, handled well and with my custom seat was the most comfortable for me. There were things I'd love to see different with that bike like Fuel injection and maybe a belt drive for less routine maintenance and I'd like to have air adjustable shocks on it. However, no bike is perfect and those things didn't break the bank with me. The 900 was nice around town but it just didn't have good highway speed and the fuel mileage was in the mid 40's. The 750 was a great bike but just not comfortable and I could not figure out how to customize that seat the way I wanted plus it didn't lend itself to a trunk which I find to be really necessary if you do any grocery shopping, which I did on my 500. I think I can get back on a 500 for under 3 grand with miles between 5K and 10K but it may be spring before I actually make the move.

Login or Register to Remove Ads