Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
ecr959

Re: Rant

I agree with musicman , Linux is a 3rd option, and it gets better (more fine-tuned) every 6 months. And its completely free, you don't pay a cent when the better versions come out.
Musicman said he is off windows for a yr, I have been completely off Windows for 9 years. I admit, the learning curve is tough, not for the newbie (beginner). You have to occasionally goto the commandline. Thats the "dark screen with the letter C and a blinking cursor". But for those that do use Linux, its really great, and there are NO linux viruses at all. I know a previous post said the same about MAC, but there are a few (rare) viruses for MAC. Nothing that a good, free antivirus program can't handle.
Nothing compared to the thousands of terrible viruses that constantly attack Windows.
I would be on a MAC right now if it wasn't that I discovered Linux first. Anyway, a bit of Trivia for you - the MAC OS (operating system) is based on BSD, which is based on unix, Linux was created 20 yrs ago as a small,easier unix.
So they both are related, in a distant way.