View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
GZ250

Two Leaks, two easy repairs

The left seal from the exhaust attachment and oil seal from clutch release were leaking. The replacement is cheap and easy. The only thing which could get difficult are the four bolts on the exhaust pipes that could not come out easily because of rust. I used WD40 overnight and also before I was going to start the work and used a slight tapping using a hammer on the bolts. They came out easily. I replaced the old bolts with the new ones as the old were very rusted and some threads were damaged while removing. A bolt near the rear tire has to be removed to loosen the exhaust pipes. Both exhaust pipes are attached together so they move/come out together. It is wise to replace both seals.

The clutch release seal sits under the oil seal plate and comes out easily. The problem was that the inner side of the seal that grips the cam shaft clutch release gets hard and stiff because of time and heat otherwise did not look any different from the new one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads