View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
Jordan310

Rediculous, but I guess so.
So just weld a 1 1/3rd inch pipe to the cut off portion, and then slip it on eh?
Dont see much of a performance advantage, unless you go completely straight pipe style, but then some serrious tuning and card boring would have to take place after right?

I mean, louder? Ok, but wouldnt you get a few more horses WITHOUT the baffle? I understand backpressure and all that, but whats the general concensus.

BTW, I manages to fix my problem. I was idling about 1100rpms. Way too low.
I had a mechanic take a look for it for free, and he was like.. ahh.. and turned it up to about 1400 rpms at idle.
Starts right up now, dont need to even use the choke in the cold at night, and runs better. I also replaced the spark plug with a shiny new one. Runs great now.

I am currious as to what would happen if I used a splitfire type plug on the bike, and if I put a K&N extenting outward like a ram air effect on the carb. I know the carb needs adjustment now a bit, but I wonder. Too turbulant an airflow?

Ill be relocating to Miami, and its hotm and humid there. Taking a look at the spark plug, it looked perfect. a slight white/grey chaulky build up, but nothing more. Not black, and running a tiny bit lean, but I also suspect that it just needs a custom jet kit. I have these available for about $80.00 if anyone wants one. A performance shop has agreed to make one for me, and I can get more.

Im going to put on a good pipe, a K&N, and then rejet once more.
ANY suggestions as to the size of the K&N, cone, or ... and what pipe might work best as far as performance?

Thanks guys.