View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem View Post
Thank you Water Warrior, you're the man. If you have any other tricks or opinions, I'd like to have them. Thanks
Just go ride and make your own tricks and opinions to share. Of course you will need to be prepared for most weather so be prepared to actually buy some stuff on the road. I didn't have a rain suit on my first longer trip and nearly died from being wet and cold. When the body temp lowers so does your smarts. LOL. Oddly enough just a few days prior to that I was suffering from dehydration so bad that I had leg cramps for 48 hours and had to stay put in a very nice but expensive hotel.
My first long ride was an eye opener. I was unprepared for the changing weather and long hours in the saddle. Having done a bunch of day rides gave me confidence but multiday rides are different. Don't ride everyday. Take a day off and just rest while walking around and enjoying wherever you land. A day off allows for laundry, movies, a special meal, snooping about in interesting areas you would otherwise ride by. Take street clothes and get out into the sunshine too.
Take lots of stops for points of interest too. Visit National parks. Bryce Canyon is absolutely amazing and awe inspiring. Visit Mount Rushmore and go to Deadwood city to buy a Deadwood Dick T-shirt. The sky is the limit and only you can make the most of it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads