View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Easy Rider

Re: Draggin pegs at the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR
How many times would you shift your weight at 35 to 55 mph? There are 318 curves in 11 miles, with complete switchbacks.
I TRY to do it all the time, to varying degrees dependent on speed BECAUSE if you don't get into the habit you end up scrapping the pegs and other parts when it is NOT necessary.

While it may sound "cool" to say "I scrapped the pegs", it really isn't cool because it can be downright dangerous.

The number of curves says nothing about whether or not it is desirable to lean the RIGHT way.

The more curves and the tighter that they are makes it even more important to be using the correct riding technique. Leaning your body toward the outside of the bikes vertical axis is NEVER the proper technique........unless you are stunting and doing it to make sparks on purpose.

Bottom line: I really don't give a crap HOW you ride; it's your bike and your skin. You don't have to take my word for what the proper cornering technique is. If you care at all, look it up somewhere else. Ask an MSF instructor or check some of the good reference books mentioned here. I am not eating your ass out just for the fun of it, I am trying to be helpful......really.
Take it or leave it, as you see fit.