View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
burkbuilds

Re: Anyone like Collective Soul?

Jonathan,
I can't exactly say I'm a big Collective Soul Fan or anything, but several years ago, about six I think, my oldest daughter was playing French Horn in the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra (ASYO)and Collective Soul asked if they could do a concert with the ASYO. So, I got to drive my daughter down to Atlanta every night for a week of rehearsals with those guys and then they played 3 concerts together and recorded it Live and put out the album. I have to agree with you, those guys were great. They hung out with the kids in the ASYO, spent hours talking with them, brought their kids and wives to practice and were really just a great bunch of people. I'd never listened to any of their music before that time and I was not familiar with the group, but I was really impressed with them. The kids in the ASYO just ate them up and my daughter had a blast and got her name in the credits of a Rock Album to boot. It was a fun experience and even though I was raised on a little bit harder rock than these guys play, I enjoyed their music, and I enjoyed seeing them off stage as musicians who just loved their craft and respected others who loved music even when it was not their type of music. Great guys, great experience.