View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 10:38 PM   #5
kilo0195

I've got a kittle over 1800 miles on the 300cc kit and all is well. It does run very well. It has a bit more vibration mainly in the mid rpm range and in 4th seems to resonate about 45-50 mph. That said havent noticed any issues and ive road her HARD these past 1800 miles. Its never enough for me and so after the 17t sprocket I decided i hadn't messed with the bike enough. I played with the valve timing a bit and currently have it 3° advanced. This seems to give a better torque curve for me (No dyno just seat of the pants) in how I spend the majority of my time driving... highway/back road mix 55mph to 65mph. Retarding about 2° seemed to keep low end acceptable but much better suited to 75+mph on the interstate. No clearance issues even with the deck and new piston. This has led me to think about having the cam heels ground a few thousanths so that I can overtighten it thus (cheaply) giving a few thousands extra lift out of the stock cam. That may be another winter project to add to my to do list. I am currently trying to find a shop that will fab an aluminum frame for the bike, as well as swapping an aluminum tank. Weight reduction is ultimately where I'm headed now. I might possibly switch the gn250 34mm carb or buy an efi kit (about $320) and convert it to throttle body injection. I'm certain that much more power out of this bike and I will need to tear into things like stronger gears, clutch, etc. As i have it right now my bike is 318lbs wet so I'm very curious what shedding 40-50lbs could do. I just wouldn't want to drive it on a windy day as it can be a little entertaining as it is doing 75+ on a windy Illinois day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads