View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
5th_bike

New member in MD

Hi guys and girls, I'm a proud 2005 GZ250 owner, and reborn rider in Maryland.
Mine only had 35 miles on it when I got it, unfortunately the previous owner dropped it during the driving exam resulting in 1 tiny dent and a few scratches, and gave up so the bike was just sitting there for almost two years.
After picking it up last week, change oil+filter, cleaned and waxed the chain, put some air in the tires - both 5 psi low, tightened a bolt here and there, fixed a little electrical problem (I will post that in the 'technical' or 'troubleshooting' forum) (thanks Dupo for posting the link to the technical manual), and got it through the state inspection.
And meanwhile it has almost 200 more miles on it ! It is being used for commuting to work and around town. No highway use intended, everyone drives 80 on I-95 here, and lane crossers and jumpers galore.
I got my license via the MSF class last May, test rode a beautiful and smooth Moto Guzzi Breva 750 (thanks Speedscycle in Elkridge - maybe next year) in June and when I saw this Suzuki for sale last month I just went for it. It's definitely big enough, considering my previous motorized two-wheeler experience during my youth approx. 35 years ago in The Netherlands (should be in my signature).
Ah well I could go on and on, but that's it for now. Keep those wheels down !

Login or Register to Remove Ads