Thread: New Helmet.
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plavanchy View Post
I tested out a new helmet today as well-got it over the winter. Did a great job! It has two visors(one clear and 1 for sun that pops down with the push of a button) also tightens up around the cheeks by air via a small button-nice!
A lot of folks like the built in dark visor. Most of the helmets on my short list had one but the Shoei was just to good to pass up.
I have some really fine clip-ons for my glasses so bright sun shine won't be a problem. Another sun shade idea is to run a strip of electrical tape across the top edge of the face shield to act as a sun visor. It has worked very well for me in the past and the Shoei will get the same treatment if needed.
Now all I need is a running bike. I will be patient though. When the Silver Wing rolls out of the shop it will be road worthy and safe. This won't be a cheap bike in the end but it should be reliable and safe. My first Honda too. The only Honda I have ever ridden was a Honda 250 Dream back in the 70's that a friend bought real cheap. It was very impressive.