View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 12:13 AM   #22
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallum View Post
My guess is somewhere between "a whole lot" and "are you freaking kidding?!?"

Nah, with the gas prices here, a car like that would get you to bankruptcy faster than to work..
Being retired and not driving to a job daily is sure nice. Having a small truck that is paid off is even nicer. 27/28 mpg in Canadian gallons is not really good or bad. The Ranger is 8 years old with 65,000 kilometers on it so it will last almost forever. I would have to be deranged/retarded to spend another 25,000 or 30,000 bucks to get better mileage with a small car. I would never be able to justify a new vehicle with my present life style. Economic sense comes with old age and wisdom I guess.

When in my 20's I averaged a new car every 11 months because I had to have the latest and greatest set of wheels available. Then I bought a full size van and had it 10 years. Then a truck, another van, another 3 trucks with one car in the mix.They were all a more satisfying ride(except the car) as long as no one was moving and only had a car to haul stuff. I have been happy with trucks and vans and they are easier to drive too. My 1st car should have been a truck.