View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #15
mithuth

Re: 1999 Suzuki Marauder vz800 Starter issue

The starter relay is mounted behind (towards the rear of) the stater solenoid. I'll get you a picture. They are two separate parts.
After looking at both, they do not appear to come apart where I can get inside to check/clean them. Replacing them for only $20 is a cheap way to completely eliminate that as an issue. Money well spent in my opinion. I was reading on here that some other countries charge upwards of $90 for a relay, maybe this is where you think I'm over spending?

I cleaned and checked all connections at the battery, at the solenoid, and at the starter itself. I added dielectric grease to prevent any future corrosion. All connections were clean and shiny. I took a small file and gently sanded all contacts to be sure no film/corrosion had built up to cause faulty connections.

I AM listening to suggestions, and so far everything has checked out that was suggested. Is there something you feel I've overlooked?

As for my experience, I haven't rewired a house or anything that vast but I've completed a circuit or two in my day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads