View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I would suggest that you probably also took a wide turn the first time you rode the GZ.

A motorcycle is a motorcycle. The only real differences being that sportbikes are much more willing to lean in a turn than a cruiser, which you have to force sometimes.

There are certainly differences in the way that a sportbike handles, as opposed to a cruiser style bike, but the learning curve is now much smaller, since, as you said, you know how to to handle having something like that between your legs. (don't read into that) It really wouldn't be any different than getting used to the "quirks" of a new cruiser.

One afternoon, I jumped right off the GZ and hopped onto the new Ninja 650 with no problem. You will compensate for the difference just as you would if you were riding any other bike that is not what you are used to. Ask if you can test ride one in the parking lot.

Jib,
The front end of the ninja dives because of weak factory fork springs. I installed progressive front fork springs and the front end felt much more solid and stable under hard braking. Your buddy might want to look into those. around $58.

Login or Register to Remove Ads