View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
dannylightning

Re: my 01 suzuki volusia video and gz video's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
While we all would like a deep, throaty exhaust, I personally think yours is a little too loud, you can still hear it three blocks away and is still quite loud when in back of the camera, 180 degrees away from the mic. I don't know how everyone in the neighborhood isn't pissed at that sound when you speed away and think you're pretty obnoxious.
The lights are cool as long as they don't interfere with your night vision and those videos with the camera mounted around your neck are really pretty steady and of good quality, and actually don't show as much vibration as when mounted solidly on the bike.
my camera picks up every little sound possible and it does amplify things a little bit, the microphone is on the top of the camera not the front of the camera so it picks up sound from 360 degrees around. my friends harleys wich are all louder than my volusia, they sound about the same tone wise now but theirs make a lot more noise.. my mom says when she is in the house she cant really hear my bike going down the street. if she has the windows open she can hear me a little bit but she said its not loud enough to bother any one and when i went to my friends house he had no idea i pulled in to his drive way, just to be safe if its after 9pm when i come home i make sure to get up enough speed so i can coast to my house, just a quick rev up the drive way that last for about 2 seconds. i think it sounds killer tho.

when a camera is around your neck your body absorbs most of the shock, it seemed to work the best out of every thing i have tried. the lights don't bother me at all and it really makes the bike stand out at night, i think my visibility on the road at night just went up by about 200% after adding those. people notice things that light up pretty colors way more than they would notice one head light coming down the street. i know i was behind a guy that has a little neon tube hanging off his rear fender and it only lit up at the bottom of the tube near the ground , i thought even that one little light made the guy much more viable from behind.