View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 03:02 AM   #220
Gunk

Buddy of mine sold me his GZ a few weeks ago, and the first thing that needed to be done was a good clean job.

Ended up taking the front and rear fender, seat, air box, gas tank, side covers, chrome pieces on the rear of the bike off, and accompanying harness was completely disconnected from the frame, and zip tied to the front of the bike.

Doused all the oil/dirt mixture that coated the entire rear of the bike in degreaser, and watched years of grime just pour onto the floor, as well as a complete disassembly of the parts and pieces to get a real good cleaning.

Swapped bad indicator lights for LEDs while everything was taken apart (we had an influx of LED indicators for our trucks come into work that didn't end up working for what they needed. They were going to toss them anyways so they had no issue letting me take a few).

After removing a few minor rust spots from here and there, and coating the bare metal in a quick coat of paint, I scratched my head until I figured out which bolt went where and what fit what, I got her all back together.

Looks a million times better already, just gotta feed her some gas and fire her up in the morning.