View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
chasp72

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasp72
5. turn signal beepers (Radio shack piezos)
I'd be interested in reading a write-up on how you did this. Like ray, I have the problem of not turning my signals off. It's annoying to other drivers and dangerous to me, not to mention embarrassing as hell.
I, too, forget sometimes to turn off my turn signal and this usually helps. I used two Radio Shack Piezo Buzzers (part 273-075) and a triple wire automotive type connector so I could remove the plastic storage area under the seat if necessary. The buzzer has feeds for both a pulsing buzz and a continuous buzz. Be sure to use the wire for the continuous buzz because the turn signal module already provides a pulsing signal

I connected a wire from the negative terminal of the battery to one feed on the back half of the triple connector. (This is shared to feed the negative wires of both left and right buzzers.)

On my GZ250, the positive feed to the right rear turn signal is a light green wire running on the left side of the bike under the seat. The one to the left rear turn signal is solid black along the left side. I used crimp type connectors to tap into these feeds and connected the other ends of the wires to the back half of the triple connector.

The buzzers were attached to the forward part of the plastic storage area under the seat using a glue gun. (Putting them here allowed me to hear it better than when I tried it toward the rear.) The red wire (+) of one of the buzzers gets connected to the front half of the triple connector opposite to the positive feed from one turn signal wire. Same with the red wire from the other buzzer opposite the positive feed from the other turn signal wire. Black wires form both buzzers are tied together and attached to the front half of triple connector so they will make connection with the feed from the negative battery terminal.

Photo of the storage box with buzzers mounted and wired to the triple connector.

This is how it all looks when the storage box is remounted and the connector halves are mated together.

I haven't noticed any change in the brightness of the rear turn signals. I hope this is helpful (and makes sense).

2001 GZ250