View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
bachelorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
Regarding the muffler, if he was running straight pipe, he would have had to modify the jets in the carburetor in order for it to run right just as an FYI. Otherwise it would have run pretty crappy. Have fun.

Thanks for that..... See...... this is stuff I have no idea about...

I went through all the steps in the service manual until it came to removing the chain sprocket..... its never a good idea to yell into the house for your your wife's help telling her you need her weight.... She stood on the brake while I tried to get the sprocket off with a 4 foot cheater bar. The wheel still moved. Today I'm off to my scrapping buddys place looking for an impact wrench.

I'll tell you..... it gets frustrating when I used to reach over on the farm and the tools were right there..... "We" decided to "downsize"..... and it seems everything I gave up I still need at one time or another....... Luckily most of my downsizing went to one of my three boys.... Now I have to figure out which one got the 30mm socket!!

New motor arrives today