Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
crowbare

Smooth Riding this Weekend

After fixing my bike with the help of this group, I was able to ride the poker run in Northeast Ohio with a new group I'm joining (Women on Wheels - a local chapter). We rode through several metroparks and on many tiny side roads as well as some main drags through some towns. It was a blast and my bike purred like a kitten. Yes, of course, that's not how many of you would like your bike to sound because it was not loud but I loved it. My bike has pick up again and I was able to handle the hills and actually accelerate on them again.

Peace out and happy riding to y'all.

Carolyn

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Sarris

Your Poker Run

Glad your bike is running well. It's great to have a group to ride with, and I'm glad you enjoyed your first organized ride. As far as the noise goes, I enjoy the nice quiet GZ, as it's a great change from my HD bagger.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Sarris

Old 08-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
It's relatively easy to make a bike loud. It takes real talent and good design to make one quiet. I prefer the latter personally.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
crowbare

Quiet is good

I like your response about talent to make a bike quiet. Suzuki really hit the mark on this one. I like the quiet because then I know my bike is running well and is happy. When my bike is loud like it was before I fixed it, then I KNEW something was wrong and could start to address it right away.

Of course, there's nothing like going to a rally and hearing hundreds or more bikes rev up. Yes it's loud but it's music to my ears. Quite the adrenaline rush!

Oh, and this is actually my 3rd organized ride. I rode in a memorial motorcade shortly after I got my bike and then I started a meetup group called NEOH Bikers. We've had one ride and our second ride is in 2 weeks. Other than that, I've ridden solo and loved that too.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Enjoy your new Sewing machine powered bike for what it is. All that loud pipe stuff just masks a smooth running machine, as you mentioned.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
crowbare

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the funny analogy. I never would have thought to compare the bike to a sewing machine!

Hope you have a great evening.

Carolyn