Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
dannylightning

i got new tires, installed on 5-2-09

scratch all this,,, i dropped them off and took the bike down today.... post about the tires at the bottom.

so i need to get my bike and tires to the shop and i am going to halve to ride the bike to the shop and ride the tires to the shop on the bike.

any suggestions on how to do this. they told me to come in tomorrow morning at 9am.. if all else fails i will see if i can drop off the tires at the shop tonight but i would prefer not to.. im weird about that kid of thing.. don't want to leave my tires there over night.

i was thinking i would wear my back pack and strap the tires on to the back pack but they are much heavier than i anticipaed guess im just used to bicycle tires not having much weight to them..

my origional plan was just to take off the rims and take them up there. but honestly i don't feel like dealing with and buying or making stands for the bike at the moment. it and would rather pay a extra 35 bucks to have them do the whole thing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
music man

Re: i got new tires, need to ride bike and tires to the shop????

I wouldn't advise trying to ride with motorcycle tires strapped to my back, that is an accident waiting to happen, and if you are not going to trust them enough to leave your tires there over night, why would you trust you life to them by letting them put on your tires?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Just leave them there overnight.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
I wouldn't advise trying to ride with motorcycle tires strapped to my back, that is an accident waiting to happen, and if you are not going to trust them enough to leave your tires there over night, why would you trust you life to them by letting them put on your tires?
lol i trust them just fine i just worry about things like they will loose them or not remember i brought them in and give me a hard time aobut it. i guess i just think to much. i took a magic marker and wrote my name on the box, the contents of the box and that i was bringing my bike in on the 2nd to have these parts installed. it is going to the suzuki dealer so im sure they can put my tires on and not kill me.

there is no way im gonna ride with them strapped to my back, like i said that was the origional plan but they are a lot heavier than i though . i came to the conclusion there is no safe way to do this so i took them and dropped them off.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
mrlmd1

Get inside them, wrap them around your waist. Then if you crash, you'll have some protection (?). :biggrin: :roll:

Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Get inside them, wrap them around your waist. Then if you crash, you'll have some protection (?). :biggrin: :roll:
great idea. ill save the old tires for that very reason :roll: ..
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
mrlmd1

Don't forget to get new tubes and rim strips when they put the tires on. You can save the old tubes for swimming in the lake, they will still hold air.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Don't forget to get new tubes and rim strips when they put the tires on. You can save the old tubes for swimming in the lake, they will still hold air.

damn old tires for body bumper and old tubes for the lake. i hit the jack pot.. i just happened to have a nice sized pond in the yard.. it will work out perfect..

i got new tubes. didnt get rim strips but im sure thell have them at the dealer if not ill jsut tell them to put some duct tape in there for a liner ahahahahah
Old 05-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
dannylightning

Re: i got new tires, installed on 5-2-09

well i got my new kenda cruiser tires on. it was raining cats and dogs but i rode the bike down there and back. i will let you know what i think if the kenda cruiser tires after i break them in, i have heard good things about them.

i left the suzuki shop spending right about 220 bucks. i got a coat with armor, my tires installed and a new set of break pads installed, i also got the screws so i can reattach my chain guard, they vibrated loose a few days ago..

i really like the coat, it was the only one there that didn't look funny on me and he gave me a big discount cus it had been there for a while... it has a removable quilted liner, 100% watter proof rainguard technology and has phoslite reflectives, guess there some hi tech reflecters, they don't look like much but in my room with the light on they reflect pretty damn well in a lighted room if i get it under the light. so i imagine they reflect quite bring at night..

but i think for 220 buck i made out pretty good.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #10

Re: i got new tires, installed on 5-2-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
but i think for 220 buck i made out pretty good.

That price for all that is pretty amazing; did they tell you what they charge for labor?

Keith