Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Doug577

Send a message via AIM to Doug577 Send a message via Yahoo to Doug577
New rider in NE Ohio

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks - thought I'd say hello. Finally got my GZ last weekend, and I've been enjoying the heck out of it since then. The GZ is my first bike, learning to ride on it, and so far so good. Scheduled for a riders class in August (all booked up through then around here), although I'm going to try the lottery to get into the class earlier.

Just today riding around I met a guy down the street from me whose wife just bought one too. Maybe we'll start a little GZ riding club!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
themarauderer

Re: New rider in NE Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug577
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks - thought I'd say hello. Finally got my GZ last weekend, and I've been enjoying the heck out of it since then. The GZ is my first bike, learning to ride on it, and so far so good. Scheduled for a riders class in August (all booked up through then around here), although I'm going to try the lottery to get into the class earlier.

Just today riding around I met a guy down the street from me whose wife just bought one too. Maybe we'll start a little GZ riding club!
Nice one...cannot beat getting a nice new bike and riding around!!

Alas, over here we cannot (legally) drive around without first passing a days' course and this is only valid for 1 year, allows you ride nothing bigger than a 125cc which must have L plates, no motorway riding and no passengers until you pass the full test .... fortunately, I passed the full test recently so can ride any bike, anywhere, with anyone but, it seems much tighter here!!

Anyways, the point I was driving at is - ENJOY!! :2tup: :2tup:
Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Re: New rider in NE Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarauderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug577

Nice one...cannot beat getting a nice new bike and riding around!!

Alas, over here we cannot (legally) drive around without first passing a days' course and this is only valid for 1 year, allows you ride nothing bigger than a 125cc which must have L plates, no motorway riding and no passengers until you pass the full test .... fortunately, I passed the full test recently so can ride any bike, anywhere, with anyone but, it seems much tighter here!!

Anyways, the point I was driving at is - ENJOY!! :2tup: :2tup:
I firmly believe in a graduated licensing system. I congratulate your DOT or whoever is in charge. Unfortunately we in North America have a system that allows anyone with money to buy a rocket ship without any training and to only have enough sense to walk and chew gum at the same time. Young and old new riders alike need training to keep them alive and out of harms way. Start smaller and work your way up if you want. A smaller bike may be all you ever desire or need for your riding pleasure.

Login or Register to Remove Ads