Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist
Idea: Key clock

Here's an idea for someone who's itching for a clock and has a couple of spare keys. The ignition keyhole is in a great spot for the driver to glance down and see it. Why not cut off the top of the key and solder a clock to it (preferably chrome)? It would look good; the only issue would be for those who like to put multiple keys on their keychain with their bike key.

I got the idea from my VTX forum. The VTX ignition is on the side of the bike (weird location), so lots of guys solder on doodads to make their keys look ornamental. In fact, some claim to never take their keys out of the ignition; it looks like part of the engine and it's in a weird spot, so they figure thieves won't even know where to look for it.

EDIT: Krazy glue/gorilla glue might be better than solder, both for adhesion and to keep from damaging the clock. I'm no expert at these things so if anyone has a better idea for attaching the key to the clock, chime in!

Just an idea. Here's a sample from a guy who got a skull hickey from Walmart for 99 cents and attached it to his VTX key.

Login or Register to Remove Ads