Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
So...........

Is everyone freezing their butts off yet? :lol:

It was in the 50s last week, now its in the 30s during the day, very very chilly. Thought about going out today while it was 36 (didnt feel that cold really)... but then i got stuck doing a few things and didnt get to go. I really wanna see how cold i can go before i say screw this and put the bike away for the winter lol.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
BadMojo

Yes it's cold here!!! I live in the ST Louis metroeast area and we got socked with the worst winter storm in years. I am one of the fortunate ones to have electrical power, reports have area residents without at 235,000 households. Temperture wise it's warmed up a bit today to about 25. There is no ice on the roads and I'm really contemplating riding to work tonight. I'll have to check the road conditions and weather forecast before I give it a try. Yea I want to sneak at least a couple of rides before I mothball my bike too!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
Badbob

Weather said 31 this morning in Tallahassee. My thermometers say 40. I'm on high ground so its always a bit warmer there on cool clear nights. I rode to work this morning. Sure was wishing I could remember where I put those glove liners. Fingers an toes were the worst. The wind gets my fingers cold but I thing the worst is sitting at a traffic light holding the clutch lever. Aluminum will suck the the heat right out of your hand. I rode one last year when it was 28. That was not to bad, If I have all my gear on with liners etc. I could go lower.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
bigfour

I'll be riding all through winter, which seems to be a mild one here in the northeast. One thing I learned is that if you freeze your hands, resist the urge to soak them in warm water after a ride. I did that and my fingers puffed up to sausage size and started to itch like a mosquito bite.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
Badbob

I think I would be looking for some heated gloves or grips.