Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
ArizonaKev

Loving my new 2001 GZ250

Hello All,

My name is Kevin and I am in the motorcycle rider's paradise - Phoenix, Arizona - where we have 365 days a year of good riding weather (as long as you can handle a little heat anyway). I recently bought a 2001 GZ250 off of craigslist for $1000 cash, and I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase.

The bike has just a little over 12,000 miles on it and is in fantastic shape. It came with saddlbags, which I have now put on, as well as a very nice full face helmet. I took the windscreen off - I prefer to feel that wind right on me, for cooling reasons, as well as handling. I got a nice mesh riding jacket by Frank Thomas as well as some nice leather riding gloves, and I have been loving it.

I bought this bike to help save on gas on my commute to work. I was driving my truck, a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that gets about 14mpg, and it was sucking me dry. The bike had a full tank when I bought it, I have put almost 200 miles on it, and from the sound of it, there is still at least a third of a tank left. Question : does this thing use gas at all, or just run off air? Lol! I couldn't be happier.

I not a big guy, at only 5'6" and the bike fits me prefectly. I love the classic styling and it handles very well. I did have a guy here at work who rides some big ol' Harley (well, at least he says he rides it) tell me that he liked my "little bike." But other than that little cheapshot, everyone seems to think it is a great looking ride. I will probably ride this thing til the wheels fall off!

Cheers from AZ....

Kevin

Login or Register to Remove Ads