Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
varangianknight

New Headlight?

G'day all, just looking for a new headlight and wondering whats a good one to get. Also what are the specs/part No. so i can make sure i get the right one! Do they sell them on ebay or do i need to go through a private company? Thanks for the help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
blaine

Re: New Headlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varangianknight
G'day all, just looking for a new headlight and wondering whats a good one to get. Also what are the specs/part No. so i can make sure i get the right one! Do they sell them on ebay or do i need to go through a private company? Thanks for the help.
You just replace the bulb.You can pick one up at any auto store.It a H4 halogen bulb.Some use a brighter bulb like a G.E. night hawk.
:cool:

Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Re: New Headlight?

Buy a pack of 2 bulbs. You will always have a spare handy that way. The GZ, being a single cylinder does have a vibration factor that can be hard on bulb life.
That said, if you do a lot of night riding be sure to have the spare with the bike. Have the simple tools to do the replacement and a LED flashlight under the seat. My reason for stressing a LED flashlight is simple. Vibration won't destroy it while riding under the seat in the storage area. The spare bulb should be cushioned a bit.
Be forewarned. Do not think about using a higher wattage bulb in the GZ. The wiring will suffer and the charging system won't be happy either.

Login or Register to Remove Ads