Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 02-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
Bill

Saddlebag brackets

The postoffice deliver a set of saddlebag brackets yesterday that I got off of eb@y from 8pointman (Premier Cycle Parts Plus) for a total of under $30. The seller makes them from stainless steel for a number of bikes so they should last a long time. Not a bad price if they fit but I don't think that should be a problem. We'll see later today when I try to install them. I'll give an update once they are on. Next step is to find some saddlebags. I have been waiting for cyclesportsleather.com to get his new selection in since I have done business with him before and like the products and service.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Gadzooks Mike

I bought my bags from leatherup.com Best prices I've seen, by far. The ones I got are stiff enough that I didn't need the brackets, either. The front, bottom corner of the bag sits against the spring/shock keeping it away from the wheel.

For that matter, I also bought my jacket from leatherup.com, and again, great price. And after you order the first item, the'll send you a code so you can get 10% off every order for the rest of your life.

Cheers!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Bill

Thanks for the suggestion. I now have leatherup.com on my "favorites" list. I'll be checking though their website.

I didn't get the saddlebar brackets installed this weekend as I planned. The weather was too nice to pass up so I spent Saturday and Sunday riding. Since the windscreen came in I installed that on the GZ250 instead to see how it worked. My wife was pleased with having a little wind blocked. It took some time to get the handlebar mount adjusted and stable but it seems sturdy enough. I may need to move it a little higher since the wind comes over the top to hit her on the neck. So maybe an inch or two at the most and it should be fine.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #4
Badbob

Re: Saddlebag brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
The postoffice deliver a set of saddlebag brackets yesterday that I got off of eb@y from 8pointman (Premier Cycle Parts Plus) for a total of under $30. The seller makes them from stainless steel for a number of bikes so they should last a long time. Not a bad price if they fit but I don't think that should be a problem. We'll see later today when I try to install them. I'll give an update once they are on. Next step is to find some saddlebags. I have been waiting for cyclesportsleather.com to get his new selection in since I have done business with him before and like the products and service.

Cheers!
I have these saddlebag brackets they fit/work fine. They don't rust. These would not be hard to make if one had access to some welding equipment.